Press, Public Relations and ICT Unit
THE PRESS, & PR/ICT UNIT IS HEADED BY:
PHILOMENA OGUGUA OSHODIN(MRS.)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (SDO/OSGF).
FUNCTIONS OF THE UNIT ARE:
- The Unit improve and maintain office public image by projecting all media related activities to the public through information on it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s core mandate and craving of public understanding of some of it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s challenges.
- The Unit also coordinate all the media-related activities of the Ministry as stated below:
- Daily Newspaper Review: This carried out daily to draw the attention of the Minstry and Permanent Secretary to any story that concerns the Ministry.
- News Monitoring: This concerns monitoring news in the electronic media as the Ministry may be concerned
- Press Release: This Unit issues press releases from time to time . To give out news items to correspondents or as a reply to earlier reports
- Procurement and Distribution of Newspaper: Unit is responsible for procuement and distribution of Daily Newspaper in the Ministry,
- Writing Rejoinder: It is also the responsibilty of the Unitto write rejoinder in response to any misinformation or negative information about the Ministry.
- Photo and Video Coverage of activities of the Ministry.
- Production of Documentaries and Publicity materials.
- Organising Press Conferences and interviews for relevant officials.
- Collating of Project Monotoring Reports with extract for public/media attention .
- Archiving of project monitoring reports in digital and analogue format
- IT maintenance.
- Acquisition, installation and maintanence of hardware.
- Acquisition installation and upgrading of softwares.
- Managing LAN and WAN networks.
- Supporting IT users (helpdesk).
- Provide Computers Services for the office.
- Administration and Management of Data/Client Server.
- Updating and maintenace of Office DataBank/Web-portal.
- Establishment and Management of ICT Resources Centre.